A pioneering 3D Printing Start-Up that develops, manufactures and markets parts for the Footwear, Medical, Consumer Goods and Robotics industries, LuxCreo is looking for a Direct of Software to lead a team of software engineers/developers for the next generation software platforms for their Additive Manufacturing offering.
Backed by Kleiner Perkins, we are growing globally with a presence in APAC and further expansion through Europe with the opening of a European head office this year.
The role is vital to the continued growth of the Software Division. You will take full responsibility in being the mastermind between new and existing software and current future products. Building, expanding and scaling Architecture capabilities will be the key to success in this position.
Currently, LuxCreo has an offering of printers that service a variety of needs that focus on elastic/resin applications. The right person for this position will have a track record of delivering on projects using programming language C++ along with AWS. Furthermore, experience in using Rhino and Grasshopper would be near essential for the role or parallel comparisons.
People who like challenges and career opportunities will feel at home within this business. This position offers the scope to grow a small team and take direct reports from Software Engineers whilst still staying very technical too. If you are someone who wants to influence your own development, this opportunity allows you to pursue your interests across functions and geographies. This job title is considered as a starting point, not a final destination. Build what you want to build with the cutting-edge technologies available and have the passion to get things moving forward.
Please apply to this position if you meet the criteria below:
- Educated to degree level in Robotics, Computer Science, Mathematics or a comparable qualification
- Excellent written and verbal English linguistic skills
- 7+ years’ experience in software development along with a strong track record as a software architect within 3D/VR/AR
- Strong hands-on experience with programming languages C++, and software development methods and experience in AWS or similar
- Good understanding of System Architecture (Hardware and Software) and integrated support systems (e.g. Slicing, Modelling, Scanning).